Sunday, June 20, 2010

Animal Planet!

It's official we live in a wildlife preserve! I know....that sounds pretty lame, but I really think we do! We have ducks, hawks, hummingbirds, squirrels, raccoons, opossums, eagretts (which I don't know how to spell), doves, rats (I know...yuck!), and Abraham swears he saw an eagle. Well, I have been having fun lately....I feel like Animal Planet or something....I think Abraham thinks he's on a safari sometimes....ha ha! Don't tell him I said that....We actually chronicled the life of a hummingbird from an egg to flying the nest.... it was a nest planted right next to our bedroom window! So cool!


May 1st - Mom just laid eggs!


Two tiny eggs!


May 22nd- One day old and oh so ugly.....I hope you don't think that's mean.

Video of the mom feeding the babies!


Getting bigger!

I'm gonna miss you!

June 15th- Flying by myself!

Lately in our wild kingdom we have been seeing a family of hawks very close to our abode. Today one of the feathered creatures showed up about 5 feet from our balcony....


Isn't God amazing?

No comments: