Okay....so we decided to go for a drive, hike, picnic "thing" yesterday. We have been busy, so we needed to get away together for a while to our favorite place...the mountains! Yay! Well, we were thinking about going camping sometime soon and I had found a campground online that is somewhere near the youth camp. So, we headed in that direction to check it out while we were up there....not really knowing where it was......but hey that's half the fun, right? So, we are driving and I see the sign that says "Green Valley Campground" with an arrow so we turn and make our way down this bumpy, crazy, dirt road in our corolla. (Abraham has decided that camping is a good reason to "have to" get a truck.....hmmmmm. After driving for about 20 minutes....yes 20....we came to a river bed (that's water) you have to cross! Ummm, did I mention we are in a corolla? So, we decided after further investigation to turn around and go back....needless to say very thankful that we never paid for reservations for this campground. So, we get back out to the main road and oh my goodness......I read the sign wrong.....whoops! We were supposed to go straight for the campground we wanted....yay! The one we turned on was for people with thrill issues......I think. Well, anyway, we had a good detour....we stopped on the side of the road went and hiked back a bit, and had a nice picnic. Wow, it's so beautiful!! While we were there, we were struck again by how faithful God is....we saw so much of the burn area from that last fire up there around the youth camp, yet the camp was untouched!! Amazing! Thank you lord!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment